Sunday, January 10, 2016

Does 'Medical Insurance' cover only our Expenses or Health too ?

     I recently had a talk with one of my relative. Basically he is a very good hearted person and has recently retired from his Railway service. So y'all must now guess he is 60 years old. It is almost a year I saw him lastly and as we all know, when we meet our close relative after an year, gradually the talk would extend to atleast an hour. We might be having so many things to share. Ok ok, I can hear your mind voice telling "aahaan, what is the matter, why are you telling all these to us". Let me come to the matter. He was telling me that he went for a master check up and they gave him a medical report stating he slightly has a increased blood pressure and taking tablets regularly would control it.
     
     Before I tell about what he said, let me tell something what came to my mind when I first heard about blood pressure. I heard this term blood pressure when my dad was taking tablets few years back along with diabetes' medication. When I started to explore more about BP & diabetes, few things came to my mind.

  • On how many people did they test & fix the recommended levels for BP & Diabetes.
  • Which country do the test victims belong to & what was their height & weight when they tested, because logically the blood quantity of a person 4 feet height should obviously differ from a person from 7 feet height. How can we expect both of them to have the same blood pressure levels.
  • How can we expect a person at US, India, Africa & Australia to have the same BP & sugar levels. Saying this because this is how these days BP & sugar levels are taken into consideration and one is tagged as BP patient or diabetic patient.

Okay, coming back to my relative, he told me that he has started taking tablets for BP and he is taking two tablets after breakfast & dinner. My relative has no knowledge that I have been practising traditional medicine for sometime now. Moreover I cannot keep my mouth shut when I hear about any of my close friend or relative taking tablets; it is my habit and I feel no wrong in questioning them. Similarly I questioned him, what is the problem with your body, what made you go for check-up and why are you taking tablets. He said my body is ok but I have been tested when I went for master checkup and I am suggested to take BP tablets to have my pressure in control. I understood that he has also become an innocent victim of the society so-called health-spoiling diseases. The saddest part he says casually that the expenditure for all these tablets and medication will be covered under his medical insurance so he will he reimbursed, so no issues. I think that he thought I'm concerned about the money that gets wasted on this medical bills. He did not realise and won't realise at this point of time that the Medical insurance would reimburse his expenses but not the fantastic health back he had past 60 years. I did not ask him anything more than that because from his words I could sense that he might even answer that he has lived his life and what is he going to do thinking over this.

     This might sound convincing and acceptable to most of those old people reading this, but you might not know how worse ur health goes on continuously consuming tablets. When I take my relative, his son is in Salem & daughter in Erode. If at all these old people - himself and his wife get ill, each other should help the other, assuming they get naturally ill. But these medications will make them permanently ill and the more you go to lab test the body, definitely the issues inside your body is going to increase because of continuous medication and it is not going to improve your health at all. If they are in need of assistance some years later when they get more ill, definitely their children are not going to help out as all of them are running for their own debts in this fast food world. This is the truth and if you cannot accept, go in search of any person who says he is on medication for so and so years and his health condition is very well compared with how he was before he started the medication. This is oen of the most prevailing issue with our society. There has been many shows on all these master checkups & unwanted tests by Satyameva Jayate Aamir Khan & Neeya Naana Gopinath. Behind the screen, the health keeps deteriorating.

     Never feel proud or relieved with your medical insurance schemes. They are just there to bring back the money and not your health. Let us think over it and start understanding more about body and nature and concentrate on improving our health rather than wasting(not spending) money on these useless health spoiling insurance schemes.

As I always say, people who opt to live natural lifestyle void of medications, are not going to live for 200 years or so. But they can live a peaceful and happy life until their that 'life' exists in their body.

No comments:

Post a Comment